Club History

Original Club House Circa 1923

Suburban Bowling Club is the second oldest Club in Townsville, established in 1923 on a .6 hectare block of land on the corner of Charters Towers Road and Carr Street.  Two grass greens were initially part of the club. In 2002 the two greens were replaced by a single carpeted green with a fixed roof. This all weather facility  allows members, social members and the public to play our Sport in comfort, out of the harmful rays of the northern sun and without the worry of rain cancelling any competitions and social events.

We currently have over 200 Members and are one of the largest clubs in the Townsville District and North Queensland.